Request Booking Information
Enter your details below to stay updated about our latest news and offers.
WHO WE ARE
We are METT Hotels & Resorts – a collection of laidback boutique hotels where guests unwind and have fun. You can find us at https://mettsocialliving.com. We take the safeguarding of your privacy seriously.
Sunset Hospitality LLC is the data controller for METT Hotels & Resorts.
Sections of this policy:
- What data do we collect?
- Use of personal data
- Sharing of personal data
- Transferring personal data internationally
- Storing your personal data
- Your rights
- What are cookies?
- Types of cookies we use
- What are your choices regarding cookies?
- Updates to our policy
- How to contact us
Our website may provide links to other websites for the convenience and information of its users. Please note that these websites operate independently from METT Hotels & Resorts and may have their own privacy policies.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT
When you use our Services, we may collect and process certain types of personal information from you, both automatically and voluntarily. Data we collect comes from sources such as the completion of a web form or a physical registration card by you, opting-in to marketing information “cookies” on our website or by contacting us via phone, email or social media.
The data we collect automatically when you use our website includes your browser type, the date and time of your visit, details of your domain name, the URL of the referring page, details of the object requested, your geographic location and your language preferences. This enables us to better understand our visitors and improve the quality of our website. Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
Data that you provide to us voluntarily includes details of your booking requests, hotel stay preferences, passport and visa information, payment data, accompanying traveller details, travel dates and your purchase history.
Sensitive personal data relating to your stay at one of our hotels – such as food allergies, dietary requirements, mobility requirements, disabilities or medical conditions – may be stored but will only be shared with essential parties (such as restaurants or transport providers) to provide a service that you request.
We also receive information about you from third parties, such as travel agents, tour operators and destination management companies. The information we collect from such third parties includes your contact details and information related to your travel requirements.
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
As a provider of high end accommodation and hospitality services, METT Hotels & Resorts has a legitimate business interest in operating and improving its business and the services it offers. We therefore use and process your personal data for the following primary purposes:
- Providing our services – to provide products, services and information to our guests including booking rooms, providing food and beverages, and other amenities and services.
- Customer service and support – to communicate with you before, during and after your stay regarding products and services and to answer any questions, respond to complaints and provide customer care.
- Business operations – to operate our hotels and serve our guests, manage their stay, and monitor usage of our products, services and systems.
- Marketing and communications – Where you give us specific consent we use Personal Data to deliver and personalize communications, including providing recommendations, special offers and information about our hotels, restaurants, bars and other facilities.
- Safety, Security, and Dispute Resolution – to protect our guests, employees, service providers and ourselves against fraud, claims and other liabilities and to comply with legal requirements for compliance, regulatory or investigative purposes.
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
METT Hotels & Resorts will not sell any of your Personal Data to third parties for any reason. Some of our Services involve sharing your Personal Data with third parties in order complete transactions or to provide a service you have requested. Third-party service providers who perform functions on our behalf will be provided only with the Personal Data necessary to perform that function and are not authorised to use such data for any other purposes. This includes third-party providers of components of your holiday, such as excursions, transfers, concierge-arranged activities or other services we arrange for you.
We use third-party software on our website to support the booking process which is provided by Busy Rooms. Information you share on this booking platform will be shared with METT Hotels & Resorts so that we can make sure your travel arrangements are handled correctly.
We may also share your Personal Data with legal authorities or advisors if we are required to do so by law or in the event of a claim or dispute.
5. TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA INTERNATIONALLY
Please note that your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored or processed in a different country to that in which it was originally collected. This is due to the location of our facilities and service providers, which are located in countries including the United States and other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the data. By using our Services you are acknowledging acceptance of this.
6. STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to keeping your Personal Data secure and we take appropriate administrative and technical security measures to protect its confidentiality and integrity.
METT Hotels & Resorts only retains your Personal Data for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, unless we are required to keep it for longer. Where we process Personal Data with your consent for marketing purposes, we will do so until you ask us to stop.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a variety of legal rights regarding your Personal Data which vary depending on applicable laws. By way of example, your rights may include:
- The right to know what Personal Data we maintain about you
- The right to access, correct or delete your Personal Data
- The right to receive a copy of your Personal Data
- The right to know with whom we have shared your Personal Data
- The right to restrict or withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Data
To exercise your rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact email@example.com
With regards to marketing communications, we will only send these to you if you “opted in” to receiving such communications. You have the right to “opt out” of receiving marketing communications at any time. You can do this by clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of the marketing e-mails you receive or by contacting us directly.
8. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
8.1. WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small pieces of text sent between your web browser and a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the website or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the website more useful to you. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies, and some require your consent, while others are exempt.
8.3. TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
We use different types of cookies on our website, including both session and persistent cookies, and first party and third-party cookies. Cookies we use on our site include:
- Essential cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of the METT Hotels & Resorts website.
- Performance cookies – These allow us to recognise and count visitor numbers, and to see how visitors move around the METT Hotels & Resorts website. This enables us to see how the site is used and helps us to improve the way it works.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognize you when you return to the website, enabling us to personalize content for you. They also allow us to tailor the Services to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Services in other ways.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to the METT Hotels & Resorts site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to you.
8.4. WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES?
If you’d like to delete cookies or instruct your web browser to refuse them or notify you before you receive one, please visit the help page of your web browser. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
9. UPDATES TO OUR POLICY
10. CONTACT US